Red Pattern

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting Hitched: Details of the Day

The details of our day really don't need much explanation, but these are all of the things, large and small, that made our day feel more like "us". From the clothes we chose to wear, to the flower arrangements and cakes, to the rings on our hands, every item was an important part of our big day. I have always really loved the detail posts on Weddingbee (almost as much as I love the Budget Breakdowns!) and I'm so excited to be sharing so of my favorite details with you guys. Some of these pictures have already popped up in other posts while others I have been specifically holding onto for this post, but I hope you guys enjoy seeing them all in one place as much as I do.

All photography in this super picture-heavy post by Megan Fortner!




Gift for Momma C, mentioned here.
The items in this photo are so, so special to me. Way back when in my getting ready post, I shared the picture (above) of my gift for my momma. I (well, a seamstress) used pieces of her wedding dress to make a handkerchief for her to keep. I also used pieces of her dress to create the ring pillow that our precious little ring bearer would carry down the aisle. If you hadn't already guessed by looking at my dress, I love lace, and I was so happy to use pieces of Momma C's beautiful lace gown for something special for my wedding. 

Laying on top of the pillow is the strand of pearls that belonged to my sweet great-grandmother (mentioned here) that I was so excited to wear on my wedding day. My great-grandfather gave the necklace to her on a special occasion and it was one of the few pieces of nice jewelry she owned, along with her wedding ring.








Another one of my favorite details was these cute little guys who decided to hitch a ride on my bouquet:


Need a closer look? ... It's my bees! I was so excited to partake in this tradition here in the Hive and having those little guys with me on my wedding day was such a great reminder of you guys. My particular bees have made quite the journey in the past and were passed on to me by the lovely Mrs. Fairy. They've since been shared with Mrs. Lyre on her wedding day, and just recently were with Mrs. Squirrel on hers! In case you're curious, these are all of the other Blogger Bees who have carried these particular bees with them: Meerkat, Rainbow, Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Elephant (woo, DFW bees!), Sloth, Prairie Dog, Jam, Panther, Snow Cone, Pony, Cucumber Sandwich, Skunk, Raccoon, Porcupine, Hawk, and Scone!



In honor of my cute little Coach icon, I also found the cutest coach charm in an Etsy shop and was so excited to carry it on my bouquet as well. I gave Kristen free reign with how she wanted to incorporate the two items and I loved where she placed them!

And just when you thought there couldn't possibly be any more lace left from Momma C's wedding dress, the lace wrap around the base of my bouquet is also a piece of her dress! Basically, anything that was going to be lace was going to be pieces of her dress ;) 













 I think if I absolutely had to pick one detail shot that's my favorite, it would probably be the shot of Mr. C's new bling on his ring finger. It just looks so darn good on him ;) 

First, I shared some of my favorite guest photos from the big day.
Next, Mr. C and I spent some quality time with family, rehearsed for the big day, and then enjoyed our tasty rehearsal dinner.
My girls and I spent some quality time together and got our hair and makeup done in our hotel suite.
We headed over to the Piazza, where I slipped into my dress.
I showed off my wedding gown in my pre-wedding Bridal Portraits.
You got a sneak peek into the Groom’s Suite while the guys got ready.
I got a little misty during our First Look.
Mr. Coach and I took a few couple’s portraits with our photographers.
It was almost time for the ceremony to begin, so our parents and grandparents made theirentrances.
We exchanged handwritten vows during our ceremony.
Our photographers snapped some pictures of Mr. C and me with our Bridal Party.
Before the reception, we took the time for a few more couple’s portraits.
We made our grand entrance into the reception.
Some of our favorite people said some nice things about us in their toasts.
Things get a little crazier as we dance the night away and toss the bouquet and garter!
We enjoyed our last dance and final moments as the bride and groom.



No comments:

Post a Comment