Red Pattern

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Getting Hitched: Dallas Vendor Reviews, Part 2

Check out Part One of my vendor reviews, here!

Haute Floral, www.hautefloral.com, Highly Recommend

I mentioned in my previous post that I wanted my reviews to focus on the vendors I would absolutely hire again if I had to start the whole process over. Kristen of Haute Floral is definitely one of those vendors. Not only is this girl crazy talented, but I just had the best time working with her. And lets be honest - having a wedding florist that you love to talk to and plan with is one of the best things that could happen to a bride.



When I first met with her I loved how quickly she jumped on board with my ideas and saw my "vision". A few months later, she completely wowed me with my gorgeous bridal portrait bouquet. And when it was finally time for the wedding, she knocked it out of the park - I loved every part of the flower arrangements and bouquets she put together. I talked about my experience choosing her here, and she certainly lived up to my expectations.

One thing I really want to focus on was Kristen's flexibility as we got closer to the wedding. Although she had originally typed up a quote and list of everything I wanted at our initial consultation, she also assured me that it was more than fine if things changed as we got closer. I didn't think much of it at first, but as the big day drew closer it was very appreciated. And for those who are skeptical and saying, "well of course she allowed change - she wanted you to add more!", I promise it wasn't just additions to the bottom line. I had originally wanted to put a pretty significant amount of our budget toward flowers (I know many don't understand that, but it was something I wanted to do) and while we did still end up spending a large amount on them, as we got closer to the wedding I realized we might need to shift some money around a bit. I knocked out a few alter pieces that the Piazza's chapel and our ceremony could really do without, changed up the reception centerpieces, altered the bouquets a little, etc. Having a florist who was willing to cater to these changes and display some flexibility was extremely helpful.

Overall, Kristen was great. She was quick to respond to e-mails, easy to talk to and work with, and the arrangements she designs are gorgeous. One of my very favorite vendors to work with.

Randy Ro Entertainment (DJ), www.randyro.com, Recommend

When it came to choosing our DJ and our reception music, I wasn't one of the brides who wanted to choose every single song on the playlist, but rather one who wanted a DJ who would get to know Mr. C and I, and then play songs that fit us and our wedding. Our DJ, Michael, with Randy Ro Entertainment did exactly this. Our initial meeting was with Randy himself, which gave us the chance to ask our questions and get a quote, as well as allow Randy to match us up with one of his DJs that he thought would best fit our wedding. Closer to the wedding, we met with our DJ, Michael, talked about what we liked and didn't like, which songs we definitely wanted played for special dances, etc., and really just got to know each other. Most online correspondence is with Randy's wife and client concierge, Roxanne, and she was very responsive when I had questions or wanted to make payments.


Randy Ro Entertainment also has a great online tool which allows you to add songs to Must Play, Try to Play, and Don't Play lists. Their entire database of songs is online to choose from, and it's a great way to request that they buy a song that they don't have (although I can only think of one, maybe two songs that I wanted and they didn't have). Once you put down your deposit and are officially on the calendar, you are given access to your online account and the planning tools. I loved this feature because any time during the year of planning, I could log on to the website and add songs as they came to mind. It was much easier than waiting until the end and trying to come up with all the songs we liked in one sitting.

Overall, great experience dealing with both Randy and the business side of things, as well as our actual DJ, Michael, at the wedding. I would definitely recommend them!

Marriott Solana - Southlake, www.marriott.com, Recommend

I really wanted to include the hotel we stayed at in vendor reviews because they honestly surprised me quite a bit. Because we were simply reserving rooms at the hotel, and not actually having our wedding or reception there, I was really just expecting them to have our rooms ready when we got there and tell us congratulations on our way out. However, everyone I came into contact with at the hotel both before the wedding as well as the weekend of, was extremely accommodating and very aware of the fact that we were getting married, which a bride always appreciates ;)

Enjoying my view from the Marriott Solana's Junior Suite!
We reserved about ten rooms for our bridal party and immediate families, including the suite the girls and I got ready in and then Mr. C and I stayed in after the wedding. They had all of the rooms ready for us when we arrived so that all of the out-of-towners could get showered and dressed before the rehearsal, and when we needed to make a last minute addition the night before the wedding (literally at 1:00am when we returned with our bridal party and didn't want Bridesmaid J's boyfriend to have to drive across the metroplex) they gave us no problems at all and just added it to the list. After the wedding, when Mr. C and I got back to our suite they had a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting on us. Again, if we had been getting married at their hotel I would've expected this, but I was honestly so surprised they even remembered we were getting married (ha, who could forget with our loud group lingering in the lobby bar.) They really just did a great job of making our stay enjoyable and the hotel itself is very unique and beautiful. My contact was Brandi, an Event Manager, and she was great to work with. She was very responsive and made sure all of our requests were taken care of. I would certainly recommend using their hotel for accommodations even if you are having your wedding somewhere else - we had a great experience.

Vanessa McKellar Productions, www.vanessamckellar.com, Highly Recommend


Oh, where do I even begin? Vanessa was the very first vendor I contacted after Mr. C and I got engaged. No joke, I think she knew about our engagement even before a few family members found out. I have been following her work since I discovered her about four years ago, long before Mr. C even proposed, and I have always known I wanted her to film our wedding. From the beginning, I had very, very high expectations about working with her and the wedding video she would eventually create for us, and she did not disappoint (highlights video coming soon - stay tuned!)

Vanessa and Brent are just so talented. They really have a gift for making memorable, emotional wedding videos. I have laughed and cried watching not only our wedding videos, but many others that Vanessa and Brent have filmed and edited as well. They capture the "big" moments beautifully and tie in so many smaller and intimate details to make these fabulous films and I just can't speak highly enough about their work. And of course, the icing on the cake is the fact that they are so great to work with! As if their awesome talent was not enough, they are the nicest couple and such a joy to have around on your wedding day.

Megan Fortner Photography, www.meganfortner.com, Recommend

Last, but certainly not least, the wonderful photographer who has provided me with all of the photos you've been seeing the last few months. Megan did a fabulous job for us from start to finish. We used her for engagement photos, bridal portraits, and our wedding day photography, and I was so happy with the results of every event. Some of you might remember my photo dilemma while I was planning the wedding, and I am so happy to say that I feel as if I made the right decision by choosing Megan.



Not only have we been happy with our photos, but Megan was really fun to work with. She made both of us feel super comfortable in front of the camera, which we were so thankful for during our engagement shoot, and I had the best time "modeling" my dress during the bridal session. I would 100% recommend Megan to anyone looking for a great photographer. I'm so glad we got to take advantage of her services before she gets super famous in the wedding industry and we couldn't afford her :)

In addition to those listed above, we also used these great vendors that I would happily recommend to any of you:
  • Transportation - G&G Limousine, www.gglimousine.com, Recommend
  • Cakes - Opulent Cakes, www.opulentcakes.com, Recommend
  • Stationary - Minted, www.minted.com, Recommend
Miss a recap?

First, I shared some of my favorite guest photos from the big day.
Next, Mr. C and I spent some quality time with family, rehearsed for the big day, and then enjoyed our tasty rehearsal dinner.
My girls and I spent some quality time together and got our hair and makeup done in our hotel suite.
We headed over to the Piazza, where I slipped into my dress.
I showed off my wedding gown in my pre-wedding Bridal Portraits.
You got a sneak peek into the Groom’s Suite while the guys got ready.
I got a little misty during our First Look.
Mr. Coach and I took a few couple’s portraits with our photographers.
It was almost time for the ceremony to begin, so our parents and grandparents made theirentrances.
We exchanged handwritten vows during our ceremony.
Our photographers snapped some pictures of Mr. C and me with our Bridal Party.
Before the reception, we took the time for a few more couple’s portraits.
We made our grand entrance into the reception.
Some of our favorite people said some nice things about us in their toasts.
Things get a little crazier as we dance the night away and toss the bouquet and garter!
We enjoyed our last dance and final moments as the bride and groom.
I shared all of the details from our big day.


1 comment:

  1. It’s quite obvious that you had a wonderful wedding. Those photos are proof enough! Everything was put together perfectly: the flowers, music, hotel, photography, and the programs. You did a pretty good job in picking the right vendors and services. Thanks for the recommendations! And also, congratulations!

    Hazel Mason @ Jennifer Sinclair

    ReplyDelete