Red Pattern

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Engaged to Be Wed

Well, as of yesterday, wedding mode has resumed. I mentioned in my last post that some non-wedding, although still very exciting, events have been going on. The house preparation continued on Thursday with a quick trip chance to spend 7 hours in the car together, as Ryan and I drove from Waco to Houston to take care of some house business and prepare to close next Friday, and then from Houston back to Dallas to get ready for yesterday’s events. Side note: We spent all of our time on Thursday traveling between three major cities in Texas, cities where we know of many great places to eat, and what was the only thing we stopped for? Whataburger.
Yesterday, as we jumped back into the wedding preparation, we got to cross something off our to-do list that I have been very excited about: engagement photos! I mentioned a while back that the wonderful Megan Fortner is our photographer, and we got to spend lots of time with her yesterday, walking around one of our favorite little date locations and looking for beautiful places to shoot some photos. We chose to start out at the Shops at Legacy in Plano, expecting to find lots of different backgrounds within one area. Megan did not disappoint, y’all. She was AWESOME! This girl has such a great eye, and would point out places that I would’ve completely overlooked had she not mentioned them. I got to sneak a peek at some of the photos on her camera, and I cannot wait to see the finished product. I know they’re going to look great. It was an afternoon filled with an inappropriate couple (not us) on a park bench, out of control school buses, and Canadian geese ready to kill, but I know that she got some great shots in between the madness. Can’t wait to share them!

Such a tease! A photo Megan added to Facebook yesterday, straight off of her camera.
/ Megan Fortner Photography




The title of this post refers to Ryan's response any time I mention the word engagement.

Ex. "Hey Ryan, don't forget we have engagement photos next Friday."
     "Ah, yes. We're engaged to be wed."
Such a goof ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment