Red Pattern

Monday, March 11, 2013

Getting Hitched: Portraits With Our People

After our ceremony had concluded and the guests had exited the chapel for Cocktail Hour, we headed back inside for the obligatory formal photos ;) This is one of the times during the day when organization really pays off. Our photographer had previously asked for a list of the photos we wanted and running through that list made things go by so much quicker. I took it one step further, however, because I meticulously planned out not only what pictures we would be taking, but what order they would be in. I made sure we started with Mr. C's family, for example, because they have the younger children who would've been impatiently waiting otherwise. Once they were finished, their parents were able to take them outside to let some of that energy out while we took the rest of the photos.


For the sake of variety, I'm only sharing a few "formal" photos - those of Mr. C and I with the children who were in our wedding. We took all of the family photos inside the chapel, but I wanted to change things up a bit for the pictures of us with our bridal party. We didn't have time to get photos with them after our first look; in fact, they walked out to meet us only to be told it was time to go back in. So, we have some fun walking shots ;)

You HAVE to do a jumping photo, right?
We did, however, had a pretty significant amount of time after the ceremony to get some great shots with our closet friends. The girls made it over to the location first, and were looking cute while waiting for the rest of us. Side note: I am still so in love with their dresses. They wore them so well.


Once the rest of us had made our way down the street, we got down to business. We started out with a few smiling photos, and then showed off our "model" faces in a more serious pose...



 ...And then there was a little bit of kissing ;) Look at our wonderful bridal party just cheering us on!


After the group shots, we split up between our two photographers and got a few individual shots. For the sake of not embarrassing the boys, I'll post their serious photos, but you'd better believe those boys took goofy shots as well. 

Okay, okay, I had to post one, although I have no idea what is going on here. Silly boys ;)
And, then there's me and my girls. Poor Bridesmaid R got to act out my Bridezilla side with me. I promise no one was actually harmed by that rather large bouquet.



Coming Up: A few more couple's portraits and then it's time for the reception!

Miss a recap?


First, I shared some of my favorite guest photos from the big day!

Next, Mr. C and I spent some quality time with family, rehearsed for the big day, and then enjoyed our tasty rehearsal dinner.

My girls and I spent some quality time together and got our hair and makeup done in our hotel suite.

We headed over to the Piazza, where I slipped into my dress.

I showed off my wedding gown in my pre-wedding Bridal Portraits.

You got a sneak peek into the Groom’s Suite while the guys got ready.

I got a little misty during our First Look.

Mr. Coach and I took a few couple’s portraits with our photographers.

It was almost time for the ceremony to begin, so our parents and grandparents made their entrances.

We exchanged handwritten vows during our ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment