Red Pattern

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting Hitched: Kind Words and Champagne Toasts

After we had finished cutting the wedding cakes, things got a little more sentimental while our MOH, BM, and dad's made their toasts. Our coordinator handed us our Kate Spade toasting flutes, and we stepped out onto the dance floor to listen to what our closest friends had to say about us.


My MOH kept things short and sweet, as I knew she would. She's not a big fan of public speaking (which you'd never guess from her personality), so saying anything in front of a group of people was quite the sacrifice. She wished us well and told us how happy she for us, and that was about the extent of her speech. I'm actually very lucky that that was the extent of her speech, because she and I have been partners in crime for way too long, and things could've gotten a little embarrassing ;)

Mr. C's best man, on the other hand, was a little more elaborate, and told this extremely cute story about Mr. C cooking these fabulous brownies when they were young boys and how impressed everyone was by them. I know, it sounds super random, but I just love when boys get all sentimental and his BM did not disappoint. The story really summed up Mr. C's personality and their friendship. He had everyone laughing and it was a great part of the night.

I just love seeing these guys together!
We may or may not have forgotten to mention to our dads, "Hey, we'd really like you to say a few words during the reception!" so they hadn't exactly planned anything out, but they both spoke from the heart and caused me to make the face on the left pretty much the entire time, while trying not to cry yet again:


And just to keep things educational, here's my one tip for the toasting and speeches portion of your wedding: remove the price tags from the bottom of your champagne flutes. Not that I would ever actually do anything with this picture anyway (like frame or print), but it drives me insane every time I look at it and can only see those stickers. The crazy mind of a bride ;)




So, after a few sips of champagne, and hugs all around, we were ready to get the dancing started. I've already decided to share with you guys one big post focused on the fun and dancing that happened as the night went on, so this post is going to stay a bit on the short and sweet side.

Just for fun, here's a peek at what's to come!


Miss a Recap?

First, I shared some of my favorite guest photos from the big day.
Next, Mr. C and I spent some quality time with family, rehearsed for the big day, and then enjoyed our tasty rehearsal dinner.
My girls and I spent some quality time together and got our hair and makeup done in our hotel suite.
We headed over to the Piazza, where I slipped into my dress.
I showed off my wedding gown in my pre-wedding Bridal Portraits.
You got a sneak peek into the Groom’s Suite while the guys got ready.
I got a little misty during our First Look.
Mr. Coach and I took a few couple’s portraits with our photographers.
It was almost time for the ceremony to begin, so our parents and grandparents made their entrances.
We exchanged handwritten vows during our ceremony.
Our photographers snapped some pictures of Mr. C and me with our Bridal Party.
Before the reception, we took the time for a few more couple’s portraits.
We made our grand entrance into the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment