Red Pattern

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Last Minute Project: Thank You Banner

It's official: we are less than a week out and I am in über bride mode. When the seven day mark hit, I was completely overwhelmed with the urge to craft, plan, and prepare. This might be the final project I get to share with you guys before the big day, but I just finished it up and I'm really excited about it so I wanted to go ahead and let y'all take a look!

With my recent burst of energy came the desire to create a cute thank you banner to hang on the table that would hold gifts from guests, favors, and (spoiler alert!) bubbles for our exit. Luckily, there is so much wedding banner inspiration online it's almost overwhelming!

pink and white love banner held between the adorable flower girl and ring bearer yellow and pink bea
CarolineLimaPhotography_Nov2011_030
However, as you probably already know, a lot of the wedding banners being made are using burlap. And, if you guys have been following this journey for a while, you know I'm going in a bit of a different direction with our wedding style. So what did I decide on? Well if you remember from our table numbers, I do love some sparkle!

All this project took was some glitter card stock, glue, ribbon and scissors, and it was actually a lot of fun! I started out by outlining the letters on the white card stock, I then cut out the white letter, and used it to trace the larger background letter onto the silver. For the style of the letters, I just found a picture I liked, similar to those above, and did my best to copy the font!





After I had traced and cut out all the letters, it was time to stick them together. I originally tried double sided tape, but because of the texture of the glitter, it wasn't holding on as well as I would've liked. I did a little research, and picked up a bottle of Zip Dry Paper Glue. Apparently this stuck will stick just about anything to paper, which is just what I needed, and luckily it worked like a charm! I covered the back of each white letter with the glue, pressed them firmly to the silver letters and let them all sit for about ten minutes before I started hanging them on the ribbon.


There is no rhyme or reason to my gluing. Don't judge!
I used a craft punch with a narrow slit to make holes in each letter, then sloooowly threaded each letter onto the ribbon, starting at the end. This may have been the only part of the project I wasn't too crazy about..


Finally, the end result! I added a heart for good measure between the words, and chose to use only the silver paper for a little contrast. This is how it will hang on the gift table at the wedding, obviously not held up by our new wedding dinnerware :)


The table the banner will hang on is covered in a dark linen, so I'm hoping that it will actually stand out a little more like it does in this picture.


Any other brides getting married this week who are on a crafting frenzy like me? We're almost there you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment