Red Pattern

Monday, February 25, 2013

Getting Hitched: It's Almost Time For 'I Do'

As much as we were enjoying our couple's portraits, it wasn't long before it was time to head back into the Chapel to get ready for the ceremony. I am honestly not sure what Mr. C was doing during this time  before the wedding started, although I'm guessing he was probably just having fun in the Groom's suite sharing some laughs with his closest friends. I, however, was saying hello to some lovely ladies who stopped by the Bride's suite, Grandmother Coach and my little cousin/wonderful house party member, J. I briefly remember taking these photos, but this was the point in the day where things really started to fly by. You try to remember every last detail, but it is just so, so difficult!

All photography by Megan Fortner



Once it was back to being just my girls, Momma C, and me in the suite, we decided it was time for a little champagne toast. Again, I don't really remember this happening, and I couldn't tell you what was said in our little huddle if my life depended on it. I seem to be pleased in the picture, so I'm sure MOH L had lots of sweet and encouraging things to say :)



Before we knew it, it was time for the ceremony to begin. Our harpist had been occupying our guests with beautiful prelude music, and effortlessly transitioned into Canon in D as the Grandmothers and Mothers made their entrance. Choosing Jenny as our harpist was one of the best decisions I made regarding the wedding. First of all, she is absolutely one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and as far as her music goes -- beautiful! I had so many people tell me how much they enjoyed listening to her play before and during the ceremony.



I just love these shots of Mr. C with his parents. My MIL is just the sweetest little lady, and she looks so happy to be walking down the aisle with her youngest son. And that shot of Mr. C and his dad - *tear* - they are so similar to one another and have the closest relationship, and I just love everything about that photo of them hugging.



Mr. Coach shows a little love to Momma C and her hubby, and then leaves for a moment to make his grand entrance with his groomsmen. 




Next up, my beautiful bridesmaids made their entrance, followed by the world's cutest Ring Bearer and Flower Girls. Mr. Coach's nephew was our Ring Bearer and he did a fabulous job. Our flower girls (two of my cousins) were no different, and were perfect at tossing those petals and looking absolutely precious while doing it. 


I know that having children in the wedding is something that a lot of people are afraid of and/or just really don't want to "deal" with.  I have always imagined having flower girls and a ring bearer, so it was never really a question of whether or not we would, but rather who it would be. While I did want cute little ones walking down the aisle before me, I wanted to them to actually walk. On their own, no last minute assistance from their mothers, and no crying. For that reason, among others - obviously because they're also special to us! - we asked children who were a little older to be in our wedding, and I think it was the perfect choice. Mr. C also has younger nieces and nephews in his family, but we chose to stick with the older children, knowing that they would be cute while doing their job, but not a potential hassle (or freak-out moment for me ;) ) They all stood at the altar during the ceremony, and I have no complaints or regrets about including any of them in the wedding - they did fabulous!



Once everyone had reached their places, it was time for one more entrance. The music changed to a beautiful rendition of Edelweiss, the chapel doors slowly began to open, and I think Mr. C liked what he saw ;)

Coming up: I make my entrance and we become husband and wife!

Miss a recap?

First, I shared some of my favorite guest photos from the big day!

Next, Mr. C and I spent some quality time with family, rehearsed for the big day, and then enjoyed our tasty rehearsal dinner.

My girls and I spent some quality time together and got our hair and makeup done in our hotel suite.

We headed over to the Piazza, where I slipped into my dress.

I showed off my wedding gown in my pre-wedding Bridal Portraits.

You got a sneak peek into the Groom’s Suite while the guys got ready.

I got a little misty during our First Look.

Mr. Coach and I took a few couple's portraits with our photographers.





No comments:

Post a Comment