Red Pattern

Monday, February 4, 2013

Getting Hitched: Our First Look (Finally!)

If I had to sum up our First Look into one word, it would without a doubt be "emotional."

Here, take a look:


See what I mean? ;)

It was the strangest turn of events, too, because if you remember, we left off with both of us looking more than just a little excited to be getting ready for our wedding day:


I had really handled my emotions well the majority of the morning. I was excited and thoroughly enjoying having my best friends surrounding me. At times, I was possibly a little quieter than usual as I tried to take in the day and everything that was happening. But the one thing I was not, was emotional. That is until I headed out of the Bridal Suite on my way to Mr. Coach. 


When I think about it now, the overwhelming emotions do make a little more sense. I remember at various times throughout the morning Vanessa would pull me aside and ask my how I was feeling, what was going on in my mind, etc. so that she could capture some of those feelings on film. Looking back, I remember each time she asked, my main response was, "I'm just really ready to see Mr. Coach." Thinking about it now, I feel kind of bad I didn't give her more material to work with (haha) but that was the truth - as excited as I was for our wedding day, things just weren't going to be perfect until I had laid eyes on my groom and we could start enjoying the day together.




So, when I finally started my trek to see my husband-to-be, and Vanessa pulled me aside once more to check in on what I was thinking, my emotions (that I didn't know had been there all along) finally got the best of me. I was finally, finally heading to see my groom on our wedding day. Cue the heavy breathing and overload of tears. 

Luckily, our amazing videographer and photographer did an amazing job of just making me look slightly misty, rather than a crying mess, but I was certainly the latter. I think I also thoroughly confused Mr. C when he turned around and saw me with tears running down my cheeks. But, the funny thing was, once I had seen him, hugged him, and kissed him, all was right in the world. There was so much build up to us getting to see each other -- so much so that I nearly lost it walking toward him -- but it was completely justified when I finally got to hug him and hear his voice.





After all of the crying had ceased, Mr. C did what any good groom should and took a good look at my full wedding ensemble :) We shared a few more hugs, kisses, and laughs, and then headed off to take more couples portraits. Stay tuned for those!

All photography by Megan Fortner; Videography by Vanessa McKellar

Miss a recap?

First, I shared some of my favorite guest photos from the big day! 

Next, Mr. C and I spent some quality time with family, rehearsed for the big day, and then enjoyed our tasty rehearsal dinner.

My girls and I spent some quality time together and got our hair and makeup done in our hotel suite.

We headed over to the Piazza, where I slipped into my dress.

I showed off my wedding gown in my pre-wedding Bridal Portraits.


You got a sneak peek into the Groom's Suite while the guys got ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment