Red Pattern

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

If All Else Fails, at Least I'll Have Something To Wear

Yesterday I received a much anticipated phone call from my favorite bridal consultant, Sarah, at Lasting Bridal Couture. After waiting for over 5 months* (164 days to be exact), my beautiful dress arrived at the shop and is patiently waiting for me to come in and try it on.

This whole wedding thing just got real, people.

Source
I'm hoping to head up to the salon either this week or next - the next few weeks are going to be a little crazy as I relocate from Waco to Dallas, but you know I will make time for my lovely dress ;)

After Sarah's call, I started thinking about all of the items I want to have to make the most of my dress fitting. I will absolutely want to take my shoes (more on those coming soon!) and I would really like to try on the dress with a corset/bustier similar to what I will be wearing at the wedding. When I originally tried on the dress, I borrowed one of the corsets they had at the shop. Since then I have searched a few places in person and scoured the internet for something similar. The ones that I tried on (at Dillard's, for those of you who are wondering) just didn't seem to fit right. They either had too much or too little in certain areas, if you catch my drift. I have a really hard time convincing myself to by clothing online, and I just couldn't make myself blindly choose one to order from websites like these. I'm planning to ask the girls at the shop where they bought their samples from, and hopefully I can order one as well.

As well as starting to think more about my wedding day attire, I also headed over to Hobby Lobby today to make a pretty significant wedding purchase. I'm planning on going into more detail about it very soon, but I will leave you with a little sneak peek, and the hint that it has something to do with this post.



When did y'all get serious about wedding planning? Was it at a certain date on the calendar, when you received a certain (important) item like me, or have you been working hard since day one?

*Not 100% sure, but I don't think this is the normal amount of time it takes to get your wedding dress in at Lasting Bridal. I ordered mine right after the new year, and many of the other girls in the salon had just gotten engaged and were having a summer wedding. Pretty sure I just fell behind those who were having theirs rush ordered. Either way, I have it in plenty of time for bridal portraits and the Big Day, so I'm happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment