Red Pattern

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Bride at a Bed & Breakfast

This past Saturday, I attended my very own bridal shower! The entire day, leading up to, during and after the shower, was even more fun than I could have imagined. I got to see all of my bridesmaids at the same time, for the first time ever, I was able to see many family members and friends that I haven't seen in ages, and I received many wonderful gifts!

Momma C and I arrived early to unload some of the gifts we had picked up from being gift wrapped, and to be available if we needed to help with anything. The shower took place at the cutest bed & breakfast near my hometown. Roseville has the most beautiful gardens surrounding the house, and everything was in full bloom when we arrived!




After the guests arrived, the morning started with some yummy brunch food: the tastiest breakfast quiche I've ever had, a potato casserole with a little Lousiana kick, fresh fruit, and yummy petit fours for dessert. The whole spread tasted even better than it looked! After everyone had enjoyed their food, we all settled in for a little gift unwrapping.





I hate that the last picture above came out a little blury, because those Christmas stockings were a gift from Grandmother Coach, who HAND STITCHED all of the detailing. She started the whole set (which includes a tree skirt as well) about 5 years ago, and has worked on it off an on up until the shower. The stockings were passed around after I opened them, and there were a few tears that went along with the beautiful pieces of work :)

After all the gifts had been opened, we took a little time for pictures. I was so excited to have all of my bridesmaids in the same place, so of course we had to snap some pictures together. Next, I was honored to be in a picture with the cutest shower guests, my two precious flower girls and one of the members of my house party. I also got a picture with Bridesmaid J and Maid of Honor L, two of my closest friends from childhood.




Momma Coach even had a few of her close childhood friends attend and one of them was a generous hostess of the shower! I love seeing the three of them together - they giggle like little girls! :)


Finally, I got a picture with the hostesses of the day: Aunt Coach, Little Cousin Coach, and Momma Coach's friend, L, and then a picture with my mom, aunt and grandmother Coach. It was a great end to a wonderful morning, and now that the shower has come and gone, I'm really starting to feel like a bride!




At what point did you begin feeling like a bride? Did anyone else have their wedding shower this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment