Red Pattern

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wrapped Up in Belly Bands

It's no surprise that wedding planning makes me obsessed with minute details and things that would otherwise be overlooked. Y'all have already dealt with my postage infatuation and helped me make a tough decision concerning table numbers, but today's obsession: belly bands.

You know, that cute little detail that is completely unnecessary, yet has been occupying my invitation-related thoughts for oh, I don't know, months.
Image via Lover.ly / Invitation Suite by Ruby and Willow

I started out thinking I wanted to DIY a belly band for our invitations like so many others have done before me. But, if you remember, I mentioned in a previous post that I had a limited list of DIY projects, and really wanted to keep it that way. We ordered our invitations from Minted and although they offer many personalization options and add-ons, no belly bands. 

I would've just given up there, had I not made an interesting discovery during one of my belly band binges. Notice anything these invitation suites have in common?
Image via Lover.ly / Invitation Suite by Simple Song Design 
mexican inspired wedding invitations

Image via Lover.ly / Invitation Suite by Minna Designs

Surely this last one will help you out:


It's ribbon! Each of these beautiful designs incorporated a ribbon as their belly band of sorts, and I think it's such a romantic way to tie together (pun very much intended) their invitation elements.

I haven't figured out exactly how we're going to use ribbon for our invitations - I love the elegant bow, (like you're unwrapping a fun package!) but I'm also swooning over the unique wrap in that last photo above. What do you guys think? I can't wait for all of the elements of our invitations to come together, and I really can't wait to share them with y'all! Soon!

Have any of y'all used something unique instead of the "traditional" belly band? Those of you that DIY'ed the belly bands - was it worth the labor of love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment