Red Pattern

Saturday, August 4, 2012

What to Wear: Hair Accessories

I know I haven't been too detailed when it comes to what I'll be wearing on the big day. I told you guys about my shoe options, gave you a preview of my makeup, and talked about getting ready attire, but other than that, I haven't revealed much. Today, that changes, because I want to talk to you guys about hair accessories for the wedding.

But, for the first time, I have to kick Mr. Coach out (sorry, love - no peeking at this post!) :


Now, back to the good stuff. I wanted to find something fun and unique to wear in my hair for the reception. I will be wearing a veil during the ceremony, and as much as I love it with my dress, it just wouldn't be a good choice for the reception. It's looong - we're talking cathedral + extra length added, and it would just be a nuisance during dinner and dancing. I'm actually really okay with taking it off, however, because that means I'll get to do somewhat of a wardrobe change! I won't be changing my dress altogether, but we'll bustle the train, and remove my veil for a more fun alternative.

I started off thinking I might want to keep the veil theme going, and just trade one veil for another. Maybe a petite birdcage? I quickly decided this was not going to match my dress all that well (ughh, DYING to show you guys), and I wasn't even sure I could pull off the look.
Image via PowderBlueBijoux on Etsy

I moved on to accessories. Of course, this led me to Etsy, where brides to be can waste hours upon hours in Handmade Heaven. Hair accessory searches left me with options like these:

A dainty headband:
Image via WeddingAndGems on Etsy

Image via BrendasBridalVeils on Etsy
 A vintage inspired hair comb:
Image via Amoretto on Etsy
Or romantic flowers:
Image via KrumpetsDesigns on Etsy
Although I favored each of these at some point, I decided hair flowers were going to be the perfect choice for me. After a little more browsing and not finding exactly what I was looking for, I remembered a post I had bookmarked a while back from Mrs. Hawk about a similar search. At this point, I honestly couldn't remember why I had saved it (I often bookmark pages, and then can't remember what it was that led me to do so - sad, I know), but once I revisited the post, I knew what had caught my eye the first time - the gorgeous clay flowers:

Image via DKDesignsHawaii on Etsy
I was hooked! So, I bought one :) And it came in the mail yesterday - I told you guys wedding mail is the best thing ever!



I decided to go with one of their larger options, and just get one flower. That's a standard business card to give you an idea of the size. The flower looks and feels great - it's super light weight. I just love all of the little texture details! DK Designs describes this style as the type of Gardenia you would see in the South, and I think they're spot on - beautiful!




Can't wait to show off this beauty at the reception, and show you guys how it looked! Has anyone else been looking for hair accessories lately? The amount of choices is just unbelieveable!

No comments:

Post a Comment