Red Pattern

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Shoe Dilemma Continues

Not too long ago, I shared my wedding day shoe options with you guys, and presented my dilemma of the simple red shoe versus the glittery-but-already-owned shoe. Y'all gave me an overwhelming amount of help (as always!) and many of you suggested shoe clips to spruce up my pretty red heels. I hopped over to Etsy to search for the perfect set, and found many options!
As a reminder, these are the shoes I'm planning on wearing / Leyla Peep Toe Pumps via Dillard's 

However, this post is unfortunately not a "thanks for your help and here's what I found!" post, but much more of a "I'm super dependent on you guys and need even more help" kind of deal. Yes, I found many options, but none of them seem to stand out to me, mostly because I don't like the look of a white/ivory flower on my bright red shoes - too Christmas-y for me. Tons of the options on Etsy are dainty flowers, but they're almost always paired with white or ivory shoes, so I just don't see how they're going to work with my red lovelies.

All over Etsy, but I just don't think they're going to work for me Ivory Shoe Clip from B.Poetic on Etsy
Another option is a simple satin bow, but again, what color would I choose? The glittery options in the second photo below are certainly a fun alternative!

Satin Bow Clips from ElizaJaneClips on Etsy
Bows Gone Wild! / Bow Clips from Sofisticata on Etsy
Finally, I saw lots of "blingy" options, which do add a lot of glamour, but I'm unsure how they would look with my shoe, as well as my wedding dress. The glitzy bow in the photo below is one of my top picks, but I'm just not sure..



"Rachel" Shoe Clips from KirstenKuehnDesigns on Etsy
Rhinestone Shoe Clips from BigRockBridal on Etsy
So, what do y'all think? Am I completely missing a shoe clip option that would look great with my red shoes? Are any of the options above keepers? Maybe I'm just overthinking the white-on-red Christmas color scheme? Help me, Hive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment